Recipe by daisygrl64
Garlic bread can't get any easier than this. For those quick meals when you need garlic bread, here is a simple but yet great recipe. Ready in 15 minutes. Land-O-Lakes Cookbook
Top Review by Lainey39
So simple to make and it tastes wonderful! I never thought to make garlic bread like this. This is a great idea when your oven is being used! Thanks for sharing. Made for Photo Tag.
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
- 6 slices French bread
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- in a 10" skillet melt butter until sizzling.
- stir in cayenne pepper and garlic.
- dip both sides of each bread slice in melted butter, place in same skillet.
- cook over medium heat, watching closely, until bread is lightly browned (2 to 3 min).
- reduce heat to low, turn bread slices over, sprinkle each slice with about 1 tablespoon cheese.
- cover continue cooking until cheese is melted.
- serve immediately.