Recipe by Peg629
This is from Country Recipes, by Land O Lakes. We use it often in summer or when we just don't want to use the oven. It's very very good, and easy. Can use margarine in place of butter.
Top Review by MaraJade
This was great, used cracked black pepper and added more garlic and garlic powder, yes we love garlic. and some parsley as well, otherwise followed the instructions to a T... This was osme of the best garlic bread that I have ever eaten... Bravo for a great idea!
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced fresh
- 6 slices French bread, 1/2-inch thick
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in 10-inch skillet until sizzling.
- Stir in cayenne pepper and garlic.
- Dip both sides of each bread slice in melted butter and place in same skillet, cut side down.
- Cook over medium heat, watching closely until bread is lightly browned about 2-3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Turn bread over and sprinkle each slice with about 1 tablespoons of cheese.
- Cover; continue cooking until cheese is melted, 1-2 minutes.
- Serve immediately.