Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is from Country Recipes, by Land O Lakes. We use it often in summer or when we just don't want to use the oven. It's very very good, and easy. Can use margarine in place of butter.
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced fresh
- 6 slices French bread, 1/2-inch thick
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese
- Melt butter in 10-inch skillet until sizzling.
- Stir in cayenne pepper and garlic.
- Dip both sides of each bread slice in melted butter and place in same skillet, cut side down.
- Cook over medium heat, watching closely until bread is lightly browned about 2-3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Turn bread over and sprinkle each slice with about 1 tablespoons of cheese.
- Cover; continue cooking until cheese is melted, 1-2 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
This was great, used cracked black pepper and added more garlic and garlic powder, yes we love garlic. and some parsley as well, otherwise followed the instructions to a T... This was osme of the best garlic bread that I have ever eaten... Bravo for a great idea!
Used Italian bread cut into thick slices to prepare this bread. I didn't add the cayenne, as we were having it with spaghetti and I didn't want it hot. Great bread here that had us fighting over the last piece! Thanks Ms. Peg for this simple but delicious recipe!