Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is called here in The Netherlands a 'pan pizza' now. When I grew up my mother made this for us as a treat and we just called it 'bread from the frying pan'!
- 1 slice bread
- butter, for spreading on the bread
- 1 slice ham
- 1 pineapple ring, drained
- 1 slice cheese, that melts well
- ground paprika (to garnish) (optional)
- You will need a frying pan with a lid.
- Heat frying pan on medium heat, butter the bread on one side.
- Put in the pan and butter the side that is up.
- When browned turn over the slice and put on first: the ham, then pineapple and then the cheese on the toasted side.
- Lower the heat, cover the pan with a lid and cook for a few minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Sprinkle with some paprika powder and serve.
Loved it! Great for a 'kinda' light lunch, and flavors I adore! I used baby swiss and skipped the paprika sprinkling. YUM! I will need to remember this the next time DH says 'grilled cheese?' Made in honor and memory of Pets'R'Us!
Very good. Was a little messy since I used regular sliced bread, thin sliced deli meat, cubed pineapple, and american cheese. But a good, quick way to get a taste similar to hawaiian pizza when I can't get a whole pizza.
Yum! So easy and a great blend of flavors - pineapple and ham is always such a great combo. I used Swiss cheese. Thanks for sharing! Best of 2011 Tag.