Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
From Weight Watchers Take out tonight! 2 ww points per serving.
- 6 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sesame oil (dark)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil (dark)
- 2 tablespoons ginger, peeled and minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 lb shiitake mushroom, thinly sliced
- 3 cups Chinese cabbage, shredded
- 2 tablespoons sake
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 45 wonton wrappers (3-inch round)
- Combine ingredients for dipping sauce and set aside.
- Prepare the dumplings by heating a large, non-stick wok over medium-high heat. Swirl in the canola and sesame oils and add ginger and garlic. Stir fry for about 10 seconds and stir in mushrooms and cabbage for 3 minutes.
- Add the sake and cook, stirring, for 3 - 4 minutes until liquid evaporates. Next add the scallions and the carrot and stir-fry about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and add soy sauce. Allow mixture to cool.
- Place 1 teaspoon of the vegetable mixture in center of a wrapper. Moisten edges of wrapper with water and fold unto half circles. Place on baking sheet sprinkled with cornstarch. Keep wontons covered with a damp towel to prevent them from drying out.
- Spray skillet with nonstick spray heat over medium-high heat. Add 10 dumplings to the skillet and cook until browned on one side. Add 1/3 cup water to the skillet and cover with lid. Reduce heat to medium and cook until liquid evaporates (3 -4 minutes).
- Serve dumplings with dipping sauce.
My first time making potstickers and I really enjoyed them. It went together fairly quickly and I enjoyed them alot. Thanks! Made for PAC, spring 2012.