Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Found this on Spark, originally posted by "NITAFRCT". It's pretty good. I like to eat it in a pita with some tzatzki, although the original recipe calls for a tahini sauce.
- 9.85 ml olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 (141.74 g) package seitan, rinse well and let soak in hot water for 2 mintues. Cut into even-sized chunks (I use Westsoy, 2.5 serving package)
- 6.55 ml coriander powder
- 6.55 ml cumin seeds, roasted and powdered
- 4.92 ml fennel seed
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 4.92 ml chili powder
- 4.92 ml paprika
- 4.92 ml turmeric, ground
- Heat oil in a non stick sauce pan and drop in the finely chopped onions. Brown them well. Add fennel seeds and stir fry till fragrant.
- Mix all the seasoning spices well with rinsed, ( to remove the smell and some of the salt) soaked and dried seitan which are hungry for spices and drop in to the pan, stir well.Cook till heated .