Recipe by cylee
Found this on Spark, originally posted by "NITAFRCT". It's pretty good. I like to eat it in a pita with some tzatzki, although the original recipe calls for a tahini sauce.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 (2 1/2 ounce) packages seitan, rinse well and let soak in hot water for 2 mintues. Cut into even-sized chunks (I use Westsoy, 2.5 serving package)
- 1 1⁄3 teaspoons coriander powder
- 1 1⁄3 teaspoons cumin seeds, roasted and powdered
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon turmeric, ground
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a non stick sauce pan and drop in the finely chopped onions. Brown them well. Add fennel seeds and stir fry till fragrant.
- Mix all the seasoning spices well with rinsed, ( to remove the smell and some of the salt) soaked and dried seitan which are hungry for spices and drop in to the pan, stir well.Cook till heated .