Recipe by KennKonn
This one beats my mom's recipe hands down. I can't even tell you where I found it but I have used it for years
Top Review by Mikado
I just wanted to thank you for sharing an amazing recipe. I had been trying different shorbread recipes for years and haven't quite found "the one" until now. I made it and my husband cound't stop eating it. I will need to make more. Please if you have anymore killer recipes like this, can you let me know. You helped to ease my Christmas woes this year and added a keeper to my files. You're the best. Thank you.
- 2 cups butter (no substitutes)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 cups all-purpose white flour
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar (or less to sprinkle over the top)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix butter until light and fluffy.
- Add sugar and beat again till light and fluffy.
- Sift together flour and corn starch.
- Add flour/cornstarch to butter/sugar mixture one cup at a time, making sure its well combined before adding another cup.
- Continue to combine flour into mixture until all is gone. Mix well.
- Dump dough onto a clean medium sized cookie sheet with sides.
- Spread out evenly covering the whole sheet. I use a rolling pin and roll it over the top so my finger prints aren't in the dough.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup or less of sugar (can use colored sugar), I never measure I just sprinkle until it has a little sparkle.
- Bake at 325 for approx 20 minutes. My oven cooks really hot so you might have to add a minute or two until edges are light brown.
- When out of the oven, I cut the square or rectangles through the shortbread. When cooled I often dip one end into melted chocolate and then roll in sprinkles.