1/2 Photos of Pan Shortbread
This one beats my mom's recipe hands down. I can't even tell you where I found it but I have used it for years
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix butter until light and fluffy.
- 2Add sugar and beat again till light and fluffy.
- 3Sift together flour and corn starch.
- 4Add flour/cornstarch to butter/sugar mixture one cup at a time, making sure its well combined before adding another cup.
- 5Continue to combine flour into mixture until all is gone. Mix well.
- 6Dump dough onto a clean medium sized cookie sheet with sides.
- 7Spread out evenly covering the whole sheet. I use a rolling pin and roll it over the top so my finger prints aren't in the dough.
- 8Sprinkle 1/4 cup or less of sugar (can use colored sugar), I never measure I just sprinkle until it has a little sparkle.
- 9Bake at 325 for approx 20 minutes. My oven cooks really hot so you might have to add a minute or two until edges are light brown.
- 10When out of the oven, I cut the square or rectangles through the shortbread. When cooled I often dip one end into melted chocolate and then roll in sprinkles.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pan Shortbread
Serving Size: 1 (25 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 126.3
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Sodium 54.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 1.1 g