Recipe by Miss Annie
This is a wonderful veal dish. It doesn't take very long to make.
Top Review by MizzNezz
Boy, you really get a lot for your efforts in this recipe! This is SO easy. The taste is wonderful!! Rosemary is the perfect herb for veal. I sauted a few mushrooms in the skillet before adding the wine and broth. Used a sauterne for the wine sauce. This is definitely going to be put in my tried and true file! Thanks Miss Annie!
- 2 veal chops (about 3/4-inch thick)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 cup chicken stock
Directions See How It's Made
- Rub the chops with 1 Tbsp.
- oil, garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper and let sit on a plate for 15 minutes.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium high heat and add remaining oil.
- Add chops to pan and cook until golden brown on one side, and flip.
- Remove chops from pan to a baking dish, brown side down and roast at 375ºF.
- for 10 minutes.
- Add wine and stock to cast iron pan and stir up brown bits from the bottom.
- Serve chops with juice from pan.