Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Quick and easy!
- 6 turkey chops
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon parsley, seasoning
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- Pour all spices into a bowl and mix together.
- Preheat saute pan and coat with olive oil.
- Rinse turkey chops.
- Season with seasoning mixture.
- Place chops into hot pan with olive oil.
- Sear for 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Remove chops from pan. Lay on paper towel to soak up excess oil.
This was my 1st experiment with Turkey chops. I've had pork and beef removed from my diet by my trainer. I found this recipe easy to follow, I added fresh lemon juice because I like that lemon pepper combo. It was just excellent. Full of flavor and the meat was tender and juicy. This is a permenant addition to my menu's. Thanks for sharing.
Very tasty, but I had to reduce the 'kick'. Therefore, I halved the pepper and omitted the cayenne pepper. I didn't have celery salt, but the tbs of salt was enough for me. I thought it would be too spicy for my kids, but they thought it was great. Searing the meat made it very moist and I had plenty of seasoning left over to use at another time. I will use very often, it was so easy. Thanks, Renanda!
I gave this recipe 3 stars. My family liked these chops. Even my 7 yrs old niece ate these right as did my 5 yr old newphew who had 3 helping of them and said they were so good. This was the first time I ever tried turkey chops. I made a few minor changes to the recipe. I took the advice of a reviewer and cut back on the black pepper by 1 tbl. I also used canola oil in place of the olive oil. I used garlic powder as I was out of garlic salt. I also used 8 chops instead of 6. My family thought these were a bit more spicy then we like so next time I make them I cut the chili powder down to 1 tbl. and cut the cayenne pepper out all together. Overall these were good and we will have them again. Thanks for posting a good recipe. Christine (internetnut)