Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 4 (6 ounce) tuna steaks
- fresh ground black pepper
- unsalted butter
- 2 (3 ounce) cold water lobster tails
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 lb unsalted butter, cut up
- Salt and pepper tuna steaks.
- Add butter to a hot pan; reduce heat to medium and add steaks.
- Cook 2 minutes per side; remove and let rest.
- Bring wine, shallot whites and lobster tails to a boil in a non-reactive pan.
- Lower the heat and reduce the mixture by half.
- After 3 minutes remove the tails and dice them.
- Continue reducing the wine again, add the cream and paprika.
- Reduce by half; remove from heat.
- Stir in butter one piece at a time.
- Strain sauce and add the diced lobster.
Made this last night for dinner and it was very rich, very tasty, and very easy. DH wished the taste of the lobster shone through more (maybe we would use more/bigger lobster tails next time), though I thought it was great as it was. Thanks for posting this impressive dish. I served with a side of roasted asparagus.