Recipe by RMess
From Southern Living --- can substitute catfish, salmon, tuna, or tilapia for trout.
Top Review by berry271
We enjoyed this for supper, I actually just baked the fish and then served with the salsa and some rice, but I'm sure the fish would be good pan fried as well. You really have to try the salsa recipe though (#263748) as it is what makes this dish and would probably be great on just about anything. Found this recipe and the salsa recipe in Southern Living 2007 Annual Recipe Book.
- 6 (6 ounce) trout fillets
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- italian-style salsa (separate recipe)
- lemon slice
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle fillets with salt and pepper.
- Cook 3 fillets in 2 tablespoons hot oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until fish flakes with a fork.
- Repeat with remaining fillets and oil.
- Top fish with salsa.
- Garnish with lemon slices, if desired, and serve immediately.