Prep 1 hr
Cook 15 mins
Lay on a bed of organic spinach mixed with cucumber and the left over sauce. I just though of this, and its so good! Trust me, USE SPINACH! It goes with this.
- Chop tofu into small cubes and wrap into two paper towels and place something heavy on top (to get most of the water out) for 10-15 minuets.
- Place in bowl and pour enough sauce to cover all of tofu.
- Cover and place in fridge for 1-4 hours(I like lots of flavor and spice so I went four hours).
- Heat small sauce pan to about medium.
- Pour in marinaded tofu and let sizzle tossing every few minutes.(cook for about 10 minuets)(may want to add more sauce in the process).
- Prepare cucumber and spinach on plate, place cooked tofu in the center.
my wife and i are on a constant search for low fat, low carb vegetarian meals -- this hit the spot -- my wife who normally does not like spicy loved it and me who loves spicy didn't need to add anything to it -- thanks for sharing
This was my first time making tofu. . .so proud of myself! This was a tasty and filling dinner. My tofu didn't pick up the flavors from the sauce as much as I would have liked though. I used Salt Free Peanut Satay Sauce for the sauce for marinating; I doubled the recipe and then added extra water to the leftovers and poured it over the top of the plate for a boost of flavor. Served it with a side of broccoli for a nice healthy dinner this evening. Thanks!
Wow, this was really good! My husband and I just yummed it up. I used Spicy Thai Peanut Sauce for the peanut sauce, and it was delicious. You're right about the spinach--it really goes well with the tofu. The firm tofu I bought was still too soft even after pressing, so I may try extra-firm next time and see if it is less prone to disintigrating. Thanks for posting, Veganized[ty]!