1/5 Photos of Pan-Seared Tilapia With Chile Lime Butter
Nice, fresh-tasting dish that comes together in a snap. Make it even quicker by preparing the chile lime butter ahead of time. It can be made 1 day ahead, covered and chilled. Just make sure to bring to room temperature before using. I like this served atop jasmine rice. -adapted from Gourmet
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For chile lime butter
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh lime zest
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh serrano chili, including seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 (5 ounce) skinless tilapia fillets
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, to taste (I prefer kosher)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1Make chile lime butter:.
- 2Stir together butter, shallot, zest, lime juice, chile and salt in a bowl.
- 3Prepare fish:.
- 4Pat fish dry and sprinkle with salt.
- 5Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over moderately high heat until just smoking.
- 6Saute 3 pieces of fish, using a spatula to turn once, until golden and just cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes.
- 7Transfer to a plate and saute remaining fish in same manner.
- 8Serve each piece of fish with a dollop of chile lime butter.
Browse Our Top Tilapia Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Tilapia Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pan-Seared Tilapia With Chile Lime Butter
Serving Size: 1 (160 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 245.7
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 14.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 91.2 mg
- Sodium 462.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 28.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: