1/2 Photos of Pan Seared Tilapia With Almond Browned Butter and Snow Peas
A nice quick meal. You can prepare it as written or substitute any other white fish and sauteed asparagus for the snow peas.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large saucepan, bring lightly salted water to boil.
- 2Add pea pods. Cook for 2 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- 3Meanwhile, season fish with salt and pepper on one side; sprinkle with flour.
- 4Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 5When the pan is hot (a drop of water should sizzle or roll) remove from heat and add olive oil, tilting pan to coat with oil.
- 6Return pan to heat and add fish (if necessary, cook fish half at a time).
- 7Cook fish for 4 to 5 minutes or until it is easy to remove with spatula.
- 8Gently turn fish and cook for 2 to 3 minutes more or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- 9Arrange peas on a serving platter; arrange fish on top of peas.
- 10Reduce heat to medium.
- 11Add butter to skillet. When butter begins to melt, stir in almonds.
- 12Cook for 30 to 60 seconds or until butter is melted and nuts are lightly toasted (do not let butter burn).
- 13Spoon butter mixture over fish fillets.
- 14Sprinkle with parsley.
Browse Our Top Tilapia Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pan Seared Tilapia With Almond Browned Butter and Snow Peas
Serving Size: 1 (134 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 243.5
- Calories from Fat 140
- Total Fat 15.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 71.9 mg
- Sodium 139.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 24.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
snow pea pods