Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Quick, easy and quite nice. I usually put the fillets over mashed potatoes and to make it super quick I prepare the frozen mashed potatoes, but of course homemade are much better. I usually side this with sauteed spinach or summer squash.
- Preheat broiler.
- Mix Bread crumbs with parsley and basil.
- Heat skillet to med-high heat.
- While pan is heating ,salt and pepper filets on both sides and dip in olive oil and gently shake off excess. Dip into breadcrumbs and set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in pan until just starting smoke and add filets.
- Sear 2-5 minutes on each side, depending on thickness of filets (2 mins each side for thinner filets, 4 mins for thicker cut.).
- Slide filets into broiler pan and broil 3 minutes more until cooked through.
- Serve immediately.
Loved this recipe...I added some parmesan to the bread crumb mixture and served it up with Spanish yellow rice and a salad...YUM!!!
I made this for my 4 (8 and under) children + hubby and they all LOVED it! Delicious and simple to prepare, thanks!
loved it. I did not have dried parsley but used Italian spices in the plain breadcrumbs. Turned out very well and quite delicious.