Recipe by nsomniak6
Quick, easy and quite nice. I usually put the fillets over mashed potatoes and to make it super quick I prepare the frozen mashed potatoes, but of course homemade are much better. I usually side this with sauteed spinach or summer squash.
- 1 lb tilapia fillet
- 4 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- olive oil, for pan (about 2 tblspns)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler.
- Mix Bread crumbs with parsley and basil.
- Heat skillet to med-high heat.
- While pan is heating ,salt and pepper filets on both sides and dip in olive oil and gently shake off excess. Dip into breadcrumbs and set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in pan until just starting smoke and add filets.
- Sear 2-5 minutes on each side, depending on thickness of filets (2 mins each side for thinner filets, 4 mins for thicker cut.).
- Slide filets into broiler pan and broil 3 minutes more until cooked through.
- Serve immediately.