Recipe by Juenessa
This is an easy recipe for a juicy, flavorful steak.
Top Review by lazyme
Yum. I made this as directed but only left in the oven for about 4 minutes because I think my oven cooks a little hotter than most. Came out great. Loved that it was plain and simple and that the flavor of the steak was the emphasis. Served with oven fries and a salad. Thanks Juenessa for a nice meal. Made for Bargain Basement Tag.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs bone-in beef t-bone steaks
- kosher salt
- black pepper (freshly ground)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- A half-hour before cooking, remove steak from refrigerator.
- Heat a large skillet over high heat.
- Pat steak dry and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Add oil to hot skillet and when it begins to smoke add steak.
- Reduce heat slightly and cook steak until browned, about 4 minutes on each side.
- Transfer skillet to the oven.
- Roast until an instant-read thermometer inserted sideways into the steak registers 120 degrees F for medium-rare, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Transfer steak to a cutting board and let it rest for 10 minutes. (This is a very important step!).
- Cut steak from the bone and carve meat across the grain.