Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe was in today's Whole Foods email circular. It would pair well with grilled tempeh.
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 large green zucchini
- For the vinaigrette, mix together the olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, fresh basil and salt.
- Slice the zucchini into large rounds.
- Warm a 10-inch skillet (Whole Foods suggests cast iron) until very hot.
- Place the zucchini in pan and sear over high heat, until blackened, 2–3 minutes.
- Flip onto other side and sear additional 2–3 minutes, until both sides are blackened.
- Place zucchini on a large platter. Spoon vinaigrette over zucchini. Serve warm.
This was so yummy! I grilled my zucchini and put the vinaigrette on. I also put the vinaigrette on the salmon I grilled and it was delicious. I love this because it is a healthy alternative to heavy lemon butter sauce. Thanks for posting!
I really loved the flavor of this zucchini. I'm going to try cooking zucchini like this next time to put over my vegan pizza. Thanks for the yummy recipe and I'll let you know how the pizza turns out. ;)