This recipe was in today's Whole Foods email circular. It would pair well with grilled tempeh.
Make and share this Pan Seared Summer Squash With Fresh Basil and Lemon Vinaigrette recipe from Food.com.
- For the vinaigrette, mix together the olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, fresh basil and salt.
- Slice the zucchini into large rounds.
- Warm a 10-inch skillet (Whole Foods suggests cast iron) until very hot.
- Place the zucchini in pan and sear over high heat, until blackened, 2–3 minutes.
- Flip onto other side and sear additional 2–3 minutes, until both sides are blackened.
- Place zucchini on a large platter. Spoon vinaigrette over zucchini. Serve warm.