1/2 Photos of Pan Seared Summer Squash With Fresh Basil and Lemon Vinaigrette
Vegan Courtney's Note:
This recipe was in today's Whole Foods email circular. It would pair well with grilled tempeh.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1For the vinaigrette, mix together the olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, fresh basil and salt.
- 2Slice the zucchini into large rounds.
- 3Warm a 10-inch skillet (Whole Foods suggests cast iron) until very hot.
- 4Place the zucchini in pan and sear over high heat, until blackened, 2–3 minutes.
- 5Flip onto other side and sear additional 2–3 minutes, until both sides are blackened.
- 6Place zucchini on a large platter. Spoon vinaigrette over zucchini. Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pan Seared Summer Squash With Fresh Basil and Lemon Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (181 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 119.1
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 158.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 2.0 g