Recipe by Vegan Courtney
This recipe was in today's Whole Foods email circular. It would pair well with grilled tempeh.
Top Review by wunkermania
This was so yummy! I grilled my zucchini and put the vinaigrette on. I also put the vinaigrette on the salmon I grilled and it was delicious. I love this because it is a healthy alternative to heavy lemon butter sauce. Thanks for posting!
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 large green zucchini
Directions See How It's Made
- For the vinaigrette, mix together the olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, fresh basil and salt.
- Slice the zucchini into large rounds.
- Warm a 10-inch skillet (Whole Foods suggests cast iron) until very hot.
- Place the zucchini in pan and sear over high heat, until blackened, 2–3 minutes.
- Flip onto other side and sear additional 2–3 minutes, until both sides are blackened.
- Place zucchini on a large platter. Spoon vinaigrette over zucchini. Serve warm.