Recipe by Kayne
Only about 30 minutes total, serve with garlicky potatoes, and salad, and you have a delicious meal!
Top Review by diner524
Great recipe for steaks. I made this using a ribeye steak. I prefer to grill my steaks, which I did with this one, but then followed the recipe exactly for 2 servings. I love a steak with onions and a tasty sauce. I liked this sauce except I found the basil to be overpowering all the other yummy flavors, so next time would decrease it. Thanks for sharing your recipe Kayne. Made for New Tag.
- 24 ounces New York strip steaks
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup beef broth
- 4 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat steaks with vegetable oil, but shaking in plastic bag.
- Season steaks with salt and pepper.
- Place steaks in hot, large skillet (over medium high heat).
- Sear steaks, 3 minutes per side, then reduce heat to medium.
- Cook steaks until desired doneness, about 5 minutes for per side for medium.
- Put steaks on serving platter and keep warm.
- Stir flour into dripping left in pan and stir in beef broth.
- Stirring continuously, cook until slightly thickened (approx 3 minutes).
- Stir in remaining ingrediets, then drizzle sauce over the steaks.