1/1 Photo of Pan Seared Steak & Vegetable Noodle Soup Garnished With Baco
1 hr 20 mins
Nothing is better during the cold winter months than a savory bowl of homemade soup. Beef and vegetable are among my favorites, so I really had fun tweaking my recipe to include ingredients from the list. While the ketchup and green pepper added a nice point of flavor, my personal favorite addition was the red radishes. They worked wonderfully as a replacement for my usual choice of turnips. They added a delicious spiciness and crunch and I will be using them in cooked dishes in the future!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1 lb round steak, trimmed and cubed
- 1 medium yellow onions or 1 large yellow onion, chopped coarsely
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup water
- 7 cups beef broth
- 28 ounces canned diced tomatoes with juice
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce (to taste)
- 3 carrots, chopped coarsely
- 3 celery ribs, chopped coarsely
- 1 cup red radish, chopped coarsely
- 1 green pepper, chopped coarsely (seeds and membranes removed)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped (reserve 1/4 cup)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 2 cups flat egg noodles, medium
- 4 small fresh basil leaves, minced
- 1Fry bacon crisp; remove to paper towel, leaving bacon grease in pan.
- 2Drain and blot bacon thoroughly, then crumble and set aside.
- 3Add steak to frying pan, searing each side for about 4 minutes, until well browned. Remove steak from pan and place in large stock pot.
- 4Add onion and garlic to frying pan and sauté over medium heat for about 5 minutes, until tender, stirring occasionally. Place on paper towel to drain and blot then add to stock pot.
- 5Add water, broth, tomatoes (and liquid), ketchup, pepper sauce, vegetables, herbs, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover pot and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 6Stir in pasta and continue boiling 8 to 10 minutes, until pasta is tender.
- 7Remove bay leaf and discard.
- 8Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with bacon and fresh herbs.
- 9Serving suggestion: Serve with crisp green salad and home-made pop-overs or hot bread.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pan Seared Steak & Vegetable Noodle Soup Garnished With Baco
Serving Size: 1 (402 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 166.8
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 36.3 mg
- Sodium 968.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 13.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
flat egg noodles