Recipe by JanetSmith154
from the food network (Francine Segan) - makes a bourbon sauced with sauteed onions
Top Review by Denise in da Kitchen
These were great! It's so easy and my DH loved the bourbon flavored onion topping! Very different...I can see myself serving this to guests. I served this with a wild rice pilaf and green beans, but because the sauce is a tad on the sweet side, I think next time I'll have it with mashed potatoes instead of the wild rice. Thanks for sharing this new favorite!
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large yellow onions, sliced
- 2 lbs boneless sirloin steaks
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup Bourbon
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, melt 2 tbsp butter with 1 tbsp of olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the onions, and cook, stirring occasionally until golden (about 15 minutes).
- Transfer the onions to a bowl and set aside.
- Season both sides of steak with salt and pepper.
- Add remaining 1 tbsp olive oil to the skillet and fry steak over medium heat turning once until brown - about 6 minutes per side (for medium).
- Transfer steak to serving platter and keep warm.
- Add bourbon to the skillet and over medium heat - scrap up bits that cling to the pan. allow the liquor to simmer and reduce by half (about 1 minute).
- Add the onions and remaining 2 tbsp butter and stir until butter is melted. Reduce heat and cook till onions are tender (about 2 minutes). Season to taste with any salt and pepper.
- To serve, cute the steak in 1/4 in thick slices and top with onions.