from the food network (Francine Segan) - makes a bourbon sauced with sauteed onions
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large skillet, melt 2 tbsp butter with 1 tbsp of olive oil over medium heat.
- 2Add the onions, and cook, stirring occasionally until golden (about 15 minutes).
- 3Transfer the onions to a bowl and set aside.
- 4Season both sides of steak with salt and pepper.
- 5Add remaining 1 tbsp olive oil to the skillet and fry steak over medium heat turning once until brown - about 6 minutes per side (for medium).
- 6Transfer steak to serving platter and keep warm.
- 7Add bourbon to the skillet and over medium heat - scrap up bits that cling to the pan. allow the liquor to simmer and reduce by half (about 1 minute).
- 8Add the onions and remaining 2 tbsp butter and stir until butter is melted. Reduce heat and cook till onions are tender (about 2 minutes). Season to taste with any salt and pepper.
- 9To serve, cute the steak in 1/4 in thick slices and top with onions.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pan-Seared Steak and Onions
Serving Size: 1 (350 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 859.7
- Calories from Fat 479
- Total Fat 53.2 g
- Saturated Fat 22.1 g
- Cholesterol 234.5 mg
- Sodium 147.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 63.8 g