Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Flavorful lean steaks and quick seasoned potatoes
- 4 small yukon gold potatoes
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 12 ounces top sirloin steaks (2@6 oz each)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 4 black olives, pitted & halved
- 1⁄8 cup red wine vinegar
- 4 slices parmesan cheese (slivers)
- Heat oven to 200°F.
- Cut potatoes in half, place in microwave safe dish, and cook 5 minutes until tender.
- Heat 1/2 t oil in skillet over high heat. Add potatoes (cut side down) and season liberally with salt & pepper. When browned, turn off oven, place potatoes in oven safe dish, cover with foil, and place in oven to keep warm.
- Heat 1 1/2 t oil over high heat in large skillet. Season steaks with salt & pepper, and cook 3-4 minutes per side to desired doneness. Transfer to oven safe dish, cover with foil, and place in oven to keep warm.
- Reduce heat to medium and add 1 t oil and onion. Cook onion until soft & golden.
- Add wine and cook until nearly evaporated. Add olives, tomatoes, & their juices. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Remove potatoes & steaks from oven. Place steaks on individual plates, top with parmesan & tomato mixture, and serve with potatoes on side.