Prep 2 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is more a sauce guide than a steak "how-to" which assumes you know how long to cook the steaks to your desired doneness.
- 4 (12 ounce) top sirloin steaks or 4 (12 ounce) New York strip steaks
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold
- 3 tablespoons chinese oyster sauce
- 4 teaspoons white peppercorns
- On a clean kitchen towel, crack 4 teaspoons white peppercorns with a hammer or the flat side of a cleaver. Press the cracked peppercorns into the top of each steak.
- Melt 1/2 tablespoon of the butter in a large nonstick skillet. Cook the steaks over high heat on each side until lightly caramelized. Remove the steaks and keep warm.
- Add the oyster sauce to the pan. Bring to a boil. Remove from the heat and whisk in the remaining butter, cut into small pieces. The sauce will get creamy.
- Slice the steaks thickly on the bias, or leave whole. Pour the sauce over the top.