Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Saw this on the Food Network -- 30 Minute Meals with Rachel Ray. Fabulous!!
- 8 bamboo skewers
- 16 large deveined peeled shrimp
- 16 sea scallops
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- cooking spray
- On bamboo skewers, thread 4 shrimp on 4 skewers, 4 scallops on 4 skewers.
- Season both skewers with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Combine paprika, crushed pepper, lemon zest and parsley in small dish.
- Sprinkle combined herbs and spices over skewers and rub.
- Spray heated pan with cooking spray and sear shrimps 3 minutes on each side or until curled and pink.
- Squeese the juice of 1/2 lemon over the pant and remove to a warm platter.
- Return pan to heat and spray again with cooking spray.
- Cook scallops 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until carmel in color.
- Squeeze juice of 1/2 lemon over the pan and transfer skewers to serving platter along side shrimp.
Not sure what sea scallops are but we had scallops and they were juicy and tender. The shrimp held the seasonings much more. We seared these on a grill pan on the bbq and served up with ceasar salad.