Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
From the Chef at Citrine, Disney's Grand Floridian Resort, Orlando. These are absolutely scrumptious.
- 1 lb large scallop
- 1 1⁄2 ounces olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2⁄3 cup orange juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 large shallots, peeled
- 1 1⁄2 ounces sherry wine vinegar
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Dry scallops well and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in large saute pan until smoking then add the scallops.
- Don't overcrowd them.
- Brown well.
- Let cook over medium high heat until done, about 5-8 minutes.
- Keep Warm.
- In non-aluminum pan bring orange juice and concentrate to boil.
- Lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Set aside.
- In a saute pan, heat olive oil until almost smoking.
- Add the shallots, browning them well on all sides.
- Add orange juice mixture and chicken stock, cover.
- Let simmer over moderate heat until shallots are nearly cooked through.
- Remove shallots and let the remaining liquid reduce uncovered to about one cup.
- Swirl in butter and serve immediately over shallots and scallops.
Outstanding!!!!! Love Love Loved this dish! This did not take any time at all to make and is a wonderful gourmet recipe!!! I actually did this in reverse because I didn't want my scallops to sit and wait for the shallots to cook and get cold. I sliced my shallots into fairly thin slices then I caramelized them and reduced their sauce first. That way, I was able to cover them and keep them hot while I seared my scallops. After I salted and peppered my dry scallops, I also dusted them with a little flour because I saw Emeril do that one time for a good sear. It worked out great! The orange was intense with the shallots and it was a great compliment to the scallops! I really love this recipe and will make again and again!!!!! Thanks for posting!!!
This recipe took at least 90 minutes to prepare. For the effort it, I would have expected more. This is a recipe to have at the restaurant.