From Cooking Light, July, 2007. "Sear the scallops while the orzo cooks. Serve this easy but impressive meal with a green salad, garlic bread, and a crisp white wine."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- cooking spray
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped, can use prechopped
- 1 cup orzo pasta, uncooked
- 1 cup fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 lbs sea scallops
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1Heat a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- 2Coat pan with cooking spray.
- 3Add onion to pan; saute 3 minutes.
- 4Stir in pasta, broth, wine, and thyme; bring to a boil.
- 5Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and pasta is al dente.
- 6Stir in chopped chives and lemon juice.
- 7Keep warm.
- 8Heat oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle scallops evenly with salt and pepper and add them to the pan; cook 3 minutes on each side until desired degree of doneness.
- 9Serve with pasta mixture.
- 10Serving size is 4 1/2 oz. scallops and about 3/4 cup pasta mixture.
Browse Our Top Lemon Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pan-Seared Scallops With Lemon Orzo
Serving Size: 1 (333 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 337.7
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 40.9 mg
- Sodium 836.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 27.5 g