Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- 1 tablespoon julienne-cut peeled fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon sliced green onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 20 sea scallops (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1⁄2 cup vodka
- 1⁄4 cup dry vermouth
- 1 teaspoon stick margarine or 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1⁄3 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chopped fresh spinach
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- cooking spray
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a bowl.
- Place scallops in a shallow dish. Add vodka, vermouth, and half of ginger mixture; toss gently. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes.
- Melt margarine in a large skillet over high heat. Add remaining ginger mixture, and sauté 30 seconds. Add orange rind and juice, and bring to a boil. Stir in spinach, salt, and pepper; cook 2 minutes or until spinach wilts. Remove from skillet, and keep warm.
- Remove scallops from marinade, reserving marinade. Place skillet coated with cooking spray over high heat until hot. Add scallops; cook 1 1/2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Remove from skillet; keep warm. Add reserved marinade to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook until sauce is reduced to 1/4 cup (about 5 minutes).
- Arrange scallops over spinach mixture; drizzle with sauce.
This is a delicious recipe! I followed the recipe exactly. The orange juice and rind brightens up the spinach. The scallops were perfectly cooked. I will definitely make this again!