Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is from Cooking LIght, and I'm posting it for me to try... Looks simple and fresh and yummy! (Although I might have to add some fresh chili to the mayo mixture). CL sez: Scallops cook quickly. When done, they should feel soft and resilient to the touch. They should also flake easily when tested with a fork and appear moist inside.
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons minced celery
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- cooking spray
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sea scallops
- 1⁄4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 4 lime wedges
- Combine first 5 ingredients.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Dredge the scallops in breadcrumbs. Add scallops to pan, and cook 4 minutes. Turn scallops, and cook 3 minutes or until done. Serve with mayonnaise mixture and lime wedges.
- Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 5 ounces scallops, 1 tablespoon mayonnaise mixture, and 1 lime wedge)
- NUTRITION PER SERVING.
- CALORIES 216(16% from fat); FAT 3.8g (sat 0.3g,mono 0.9g,poly 0.5g); PROTEIN 29.3g; CHOLESTEROL 56mg; CALCIUM 58mg; SODIUM 743mg; FIBER 0.8g; IRON 0.8mg; CARBOHYDRATE 14.7g.