1/1 Photo of Pan-Seared Scallops With Champagne Grapes and Almonds
From Bon Appetit. The combination of flavors in this dish are simply wonderful.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 large sea scallops, side muscles removed
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons shallots, minced
- 2/3 cup champagne grapes or 2/3 cup seedless black grapes, halved
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 1Sprinkle scallops with salt and pepper.
- 2Melt 2 tablespoons butter in very large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 3Cook butter until beginning to brown, about 2 minutes.
- 4Add scallops, cook 2 minutes per side.
- 5Transfer scallops to plate, tent with foil.
- 6Melt remaining butter in same skillet over miduim-high heat.
- 7Add shallots and grapes, saute until shallots are golden, stirring occasionally, about 2 minutes.
- 8Stir in lemon juice and any accumulated scallop juices.
- 9Bring mixture to a boil, season with salt and pepper.
- 10Stir in almonds and parsley.
- 11Place 4 scallops on each of 4 plates.
- 12Spoon sauce over and serve.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pan-Seared Scallops With Champagne Grapes and Almonds
Serving Size: 1 (121 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 234.5
- Calories from Fat 166
- Total Fat 18.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Cholesterol 52.5 mg
- Sodium 239.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 9.3 g