Recipe by sandrasothere
From Bon Appetit. The combination of flavors in this dish are simply wonderful.
Top Review by Paris D
This dish was incredible. It was our first time trying champagne grapes and they are SO good. I don't think this recipe would be nearly as good with regular grapes. I loved this so much! Thank you for posting it!!
- 16 large sea scallops, side muscles removed
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons shallots, minced
- 2⁄3 cup champagne grapes or 2⁄3 cup seedless black grapes, halved
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle scallops with salt and pepper.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in very large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook butter until beginning to brown, about 2 minutes.
- Add scallops, cook 2 minutes per side.
- Transfer scallops to plate, tent with foil.
- Melt remaining butter in same skillet over miduim-high heat.
- Add shallots and grapes, saute until shallots are golden, stirring occasionally, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in lemon juice and any accumulated scallop juices.
- Bring mixture to a boil, season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in almonds and parsley.
- Place 4 scallops on each of 4 plates.
- Spoon sauce over and serve.