Outstanding! Scallops are simple to prepare, and with a screaming hot skillet, you get a gorgeous crust without having to bread the shellfish. Serve with multi-grain baguette and a glass of wine Cooking Light Magazine, May 2010 edition.;)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 slices center-cut bacon
- 1 1/2 lbs jumbo sea scallops (about 12)
- 1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, divided
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes (perhaps more!)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 6 garlic cloves, sliced
- 12 ounces fresh Baby Spinach
- 4 lemon wedges (optional)
- 1Cook bacon in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat until crisp.
- 2Remove bacon from pan, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings in pan; coarsely chop and set bacon aside. Increase heat to high.
- 3Pat scallops dry with paper towels.
- 4Sprinkle scallops evenly with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- 5Add scallops to drippings in pan; cook 2 1/2 minutes on each side or until done.
- 6Transfer to a plate; keep warm.
- 7Reduce heat to medium-high & add onion and garlic to pan; sauté 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 8Add half of spinach; cook 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- 9Add remaining half of spinach; cook 2 minutes or just until wilted, stirring frequently.
- 10Remove from heat; stir in remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper and pinch of crushed red pepper flakes.
- 11Divide spinach mixture among 4 plates; top each serving evenly with crumbled bacon and 3 scallops.
- 12Serve immediately with lemon wedges, if desired.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pan-Seared Scallops With Bacon and Spinach
Serving Size: 1 (308 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 271.3
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 67.8 mg
- Sodium 594.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 33.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: