Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This came in a flyer in the mail from Albertson's. Delish and so easy
Make and share this Pan-Seared Salmon With Tomato-Basil Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 4 large tomatoes, peeled and seeded*
- salmon fillet
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- Place peeled and seeded* tomatoes in a blender or food processor. Process until a chunky purée is formed; set aside.
- Season salmon with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Melt butter and when foam subsides, place salmon, skin-side up in pan. Brown on both sides, until fish is just cooked through, about 6 minutes, depending on thickness of fillets. Transfer to plate and hold warm.
- In same skillet, combine puréed tomatoes and wine and bring to a boil, scraping any browned bits off the bottom. Simmer until slightly reduced, and sauce is desired consistency. Stir in basil. Adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Place salmon on individual serving plates and pour sauce over the top. Serve immediately.