Pan-Seared Salmon With Tomato-Basil Sauce
- Place peeled and seeded* tomatoes in a blender or food processor. Process until a chunky purée is formed; set aside.
- Season salmon with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Melt butter and when foam subsides, place salmon, skin-side up in pan. Brown on both sides, until fish is just cooked through, about 6 minutes, depending on thickness of fillets. Transfer to plate and hold warm.
- In same skillet, combine puréed tomatoes and wine and bring to a boil, scraping any browned bits off the bottom. Simmer until slightly reduced, and sauce is desired consistency. Stir in basil. Adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Place salmon on individual serving plates and pour sauce over the top. Serve immediately.