Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Fresh Food Fast.
- 4 salmon fillets
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons fresh tarragon, chopped
- 6 ounces whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- lemon wedge, to serve
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Season salmon on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a frying pan until fairly hot.
- Add salmon flesh side down, and fry quickly for about 3 minutes until lightly browned. Turn over and fry skin side for 2 minutes.
- Transfer to an ovenproof dish just big enough to take the salmon in a single layer and sprinkle over the shallot and the tarragon. Spoon over cream and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook in the oven for 12-15 minutes, until the salmon is cooked.
- Sprinkle with parsley. Transfer to warm plates and garnish with lemon wedges.
This is over-the-top delicious. I adore the flavor of french tarragon and it is put to good use here. I wonder what this would be like with a bit of shaved fennel added as well? Hmmm...... Well, this recipe, as is, is a lovely way to serve fish! I will remember this recipe and serve it again and again, I'm sure. Thanks, Amanda! Made for PAC Fall 2008.
I'm not a big fan of salmon, but I loved this. Simple and fast to prepare. My 8 year old loved this.
Yum! I love fresh tarragon and the aroma of this was outstanding. Very easy to prepare and we enjoyed it a lot. Thanks Amanda for posting this one.