1/1 Photo of Pan Seared Salmon With Tare Sauce
This salmon is elegant enough to serve at a dinner party and simple enough to serve on a busy weeknight. The tare sauce can be prepared ahead of time. I like to prepare a couple of batches and store it in the refrigerator for future use.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prepare tare sauce. Combine ingredients in a saucepan. Heat to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer. Cook about 30 minutes, or until sauce is reduced to half its original quantity, stirring occasionally.
- 2Allow tare sauce to cool completely.
- 3Once sauce is cool, use it to marinade the salmon steaks for up to 1 hour.
- 4Add grapeseed oil to a large skillet or wok over moderately high heat. Add green onion; cook for one minute. Remove with a slotted spoon.
- 5Add salmon to skillet. Cook salmon about 1 minute per side.
- 6Reduce heat to medium-low; add tare sauce and garlic. Cook 2-3 minutes per side or until fish is flaky.
- 7Serve salmon on a bed of rice. Drizzle each salmon steak with tare sauce. Sprinkle green onion and sesame seeds on top.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pan Seared Salmon With Tare Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (317 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 385.3
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 51.6 mg
- Sodium 2278.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 29.5 g