This salmon is elegant enough to serve at a dinner party and simple enough to serve on a busy weeknight. The tare sauce can be prepared ahead of time. I like to prepare a couple of batches and store it in the refrigerator for future use.
- Prepare tare sauce. Combine ingredients in a saucepan. Heat to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer. Cook about 30 minutes, or until sauce is reduced to half its original quantity, stirring occasionally.
- Allow tare sauce to cool completely.
- Once sauce is cool, use it to marinade the salmon steaks for up to 1 hour.
- Add grapeseed oil to a large skillet or wok over moderately high heat. Add green onion; cook for one minute. Remove with a slotted spoon.
- Add salmon to skillet. Cook salmon about 1 minute per side.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; add tare sauce and garlic. Cook 2-3 minutes per side or until fish is flaky.
- Serve salmon on a bed of rice. Drizzle each salmon steak with tare sauce. Sprinkle green onion and sesame seeds on top.
This is great! We eat a lot of salmon, and will be doing this one often. The sauce has a lot of flavor but doesn't mask the taste of the salmon. Sauce would be good on chicken also. Made for My 3 Chefs game.