Recipe by Southern Mama
Elegant and tasty but easy!! I have altered the cooking time. Don't let the fish get dry.
Top Review by hollyfrolly
Delicious!!! I ended up using slightly less sour cream and lots more red pepper flakes. What an amazing combination. Soooo delish. I will definitely use the rest of the "sauce" as a dip for crudite tomorrow. What a great recipe!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 salmon fillets, pin bones removed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 pint sour cream
- 2 bunches dill, chopped
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons horseradish
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat a large skillet with olive oil and place over medium heat.
- When hot, add the fillets to the pan skin side down; season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 7 minutes until the skin is nice and brown.
- Turn the fish over and cook for 7 minutes on the other side.
- Keep warm while preparing the sauce.
- In a small bowl whisk together sour cream, dill, lemon juice, shallot, red pepper flakes and horseradish.
- Season with salt and pepper. Serve the sauce over the pan-seared salmon.