Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
The rest of the title should read Tomato Butter. It's apparently too long for the space. If you like goat cheese, this is a really good steak from Bon Appetit. Cooking time will depend on the thickness of your steak. The butter can be made 3 days ahead.
- 56.69 g soft fresh goat cheese, room temperature (such as Montrachet)
- 29.58 ml butter, room temperature
- 29.58 ml sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained and minced
- 14.79 ml capers, drained
- 2 (680.38 g) boneless rib-eye steaks (each about 12 ounces and 1 1/4-inches thick)
- Using electric mixer, beat cheese and butter in medium bowl until fluffy. Stir in tomatoes and capers. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon butter onto sheet of plastic wrap, forming 3-inch-long log. Wrap and refrigerate until firm. (Can be made 3 days ahead. Keep refrigerated.).
- Pat steaks dry. Heat heavy large nonstick skillet over high heat. Sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper. Add steaks to hot skillet; cook about 5 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer to cutting board. Tent with foil and let stand 5 minutes.
- Cut steaks across grain into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Divide among plates. Using hot sharp knife, cut butter log into 4 rounds. Place 1 butter round atop each serving.