Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This a small scale recipe good enough for a special occasion...perhaps Valentine's Day. Adapted from porktenderloinrecipes.org.
- 453.59 g pork tenderloin, trimmed
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 14.79 ml unsalted butter
- 59.14 ml finely chopped shallot
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 118.29 ml beef broth
- 29.58 ml balsamic vinegar
- 59.14 ml crumbled gorgonzola
- Slice pork into 1/2-inch round medallions; pound each slice to 1/4-inch thickness with a meat pounder or rolling pin. Season pork with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Add pork and cook until no longer pink, turning once, about 8 minutes total. Remove from skillet; arrange on serving platter and set aside.
- Add butter to skillet; melt over medium heat. Add shallots and garlic cook until softened, about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add broth and vinegar to skillet; bring to a boil over high heat. Cook, stirring, until mixture has thickened slightly, about 2 minutes. Add cheese and whisk to mix; cook 2 minutes.
- Pour sauce over pork and serve immediately.