Recipe by gailanng
This a small scale recipe good enough for a special occasion...perhaps Valentine's Day. Adapted from porktenderloinrecipes.org.
- 1 lb pork tenderloin, trimmed
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped shallot
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled gorgonzola
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice pork into 1/2-inch round medallions; pound each slice to 1/4-inch thickness with a meat pounder or rolling pin. Season pork with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Add pork and cook until no longer pink, turning once, about 8 minutes total. Remove from skillet; arrange on serving platter and set aside.
- Add butter to skillet; melt over medium heat. Add shallots and garlic cook until softened, about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add broth and vinegar to skillet; bring to a boil over high heat. Cook, stirring, until mixture has thickened slightly, about 2 minutes. Add cheese and whisk to mix; cook 2 minutes.
- Pour sauce over pork and serve immediately.