Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this recipe in an Everyday by Rachel Ray magazine.
Make and share this Pan-Seared Pork Chops With Maple Gravy and Apple Bacon Hash recipe from Food.com.
APPLE BACON HASH
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 large potatoes, baked, peeled, and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon maple seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- salt and pepper
- 4 boneless pork chops, 1-inch thick
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 3⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- APPLE-BACON HASH:.
- Cook bacon until crisp and browned. Drain on paper towels, reserving bacon fat. Heat butter and 2 tbsp bacon fat in a skillet. Add potato, onion, garlic, and apple. Cook until lightly brown, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and add the seasonings. Keep warm.
- PORK CHOPS:.
- Heat remaining bacon fat. Season pork, add to pan, and cover. Cook, turning occasionally, until done, about 15 minutes. Transfer the chops to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- MAPLE GRAVY:.
- Pour off all but 1 tbsp of pan drippings. Whisk in flour and let bubble for 1 minute. Whisk in chicken stock, maple syrup, and cream. Bring to a boil. Cook, whisking often, until mixture reduces and thickens, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Crumble the bacon over the hash. Serve with chops and sauce.