1/2 Photos of Pan Seared Pork Chops With Cidar Sauce
Amber 505's Note:
I found this recipe online a few months ago and have been looking for it ever since!!! Now that I have found it again, I have made a few changes that I think really help the sauce and I am sharing this wonderful recipe with you. Please enjoy.
My Private Note
pork ch ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil in a frying pan on medium high heat and season both sides of the Pork Chops with salt and pepper.
- 2Put room temp pork chops in the pan and cook for 3 to 4 mins without moving them then turn them over and cook on the other side for 3 to 4 minutes again with out moving them. You are looking for a really nice sear on these!
- 3Remove the Pork Chops to a plate.
- 4Add 1 T. butter, shallots, and thyme sprigs to the pan and stir for about 2 minutes until the shallots have softened.
- 5Add the vinegar to the pan and reduce for 3 minutes.
- 6Add the stock and cidar and reduce to half.
- 7Remove the thyme and return the Pork Chops to the pan for 2 minutes to reheat them.
- 8Remove the Pork Chops again to the plate and add the remaining butter to the sauce then season with salt and pepper.
- 9Pour sauce over the chops and garnish with thyme.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pan Seared Pork Chops With Cidar Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (311 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 389.4
- Calories from Fat 201
- Total Fat 22.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 140.1 mg
- Sodium 192.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 40.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: