I found this recipe online a few months ago and have been looking for it ever since!!! Now that I have found it again, I have made a few changes that I think really help the sauce and I am sharing this wonderful recipe with you. Please enjoy.
- Heat oil in a frying pan on medium high heat and season both sides of the Pork Chops with salt and pepper.
- Put room temp pork chops in the pan and cook for 3 to 4 mins without moving them then turn them over and cook on the other side for 3 to 4 minutes again with out moving them. You are looking for a really nice sear on these!
- Remove the Pork Chops to a plate.
- Add 1 T. butter, shallots, and thyme sprigs to the pan and stir for about 2 minutes until the shallots have softened.
- Add the vinegar to the pan and reduce for 3 minutes.
- Add the stock and cidar and reduce to half.
- Remove the thyme and return the Pork Chops to the pan for 2 minutes to reheat them.
- Remove the Pork Chops again to the plate and add the remaining butter to the sauce then season with salt and pepper.
- Pour sauce over the chops and garnish with thyme.