I am not a big fan of pork. However, my husband and children love pork chops. I came up with this recipe after I got tired of frying them in oil. I like to serve this on a bed of buttered pasta, with a nice mixed salad on the side.Enjoy!
- Season the pork chops with the seasoned salt, garlic powder, and pepper.
- Melt butter over med. heat in a nonstick skillet, and when it is melted, add the oil.
- Sear the pork chops three at a time, cooking about five minutes on the first side, and three to four minutes on the other side.
- Transfer the seared pork chops to a plate or bowl while you sear the others.
- After you are done searing, and have removed all of the pork chops to a plate, add the onions and garlic to the pan, and cook for three minutes.
- Add the white wine, and reduce by half. Add the water, and pork chops, and lower the heat to low, and cover the pan.
- Cook for about 20 minutes on low heat, or until the chops are tender, being sure to not let anything get stuck to the bottom of the pan.
- Or,you can also take your pan, and put it in the oven on 325 degrees,for 20 minutes and you won't have to worry about anything getting stuck!