Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
The most tender and succulent steak dish I have ever prepared ! Easy and elegant. Start with room temperature steaks for excellent results. Serve with potatoes, vegetables, crusty bread and red wine for your very own feast!
- 16 ounces rib eye steaks
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh Italian parsley, finely chopped
- salt & pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- Mix parsley and garlic. Sprinkle lightly with salt and mash slightly to mix, then mix with butter.
- Melt the butter mixture over low heat in a small pan.
- Season both sides of the steak with salt and pepper and place a heavy pan or iron skillet over high heat. Lightly coat pan with oil when hot. Sear the steak until browned on one side (5 minutes). Turn the steak and brush the top generously with the flavored butter.
- Place into the heated oven and cook to your preference (check after 5 minutes by cutting into the center of one of the steaks). The meat will continue to cook from residual heat, so remove it from the oven when slightly less done than you wish.
- Pour remaining butter and any pan juices over the meat and let it stand for a few minutes before serving.