Recipe by hipbonez
Make sure to drain the tofu first!
Top Review by Neilis
1/24/08 THIS IS A KEEPER!! My Family loved this. I decided as the marinade looked so good, NOT to waste it, but to turn it into a sauce, so after marinating, I added 1 cup more Orange Juice, 1 tablespoon more cornstarch 1 tablespoon brown sugar 1/2 teaspoon salt mixed it up thoroughly and heat in a saucepan over a low heat until thickened.. it made a great sauce. Thanks for posting this recipe.
- 1 (14 ounce) package firm tofu, pressed and drained
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 orange, juice of (watch out for pits)
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar (or other sweetener)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce (or chili paste)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil (or sesame oil)
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice tofu into triangles after drained.
- Mix sherry and corn starch well.
- Add orange juice, zest, soy sauce, sugar, hot sauce, and garlic; whisk together.
- Dip tofu in marinade and put in a small shallow dish.
- Once all are dipped, poor marinade evenly over tofu and cover.
- Marinade for at least one hour.
- Heat oil in skillet.
- Pan sear tofu triangles on both sides until your liking of crispiness.