Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Adapted from Healthy Women's magazine, this dish has plenty of flavor!
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 pinch dried red chili pepper, crushed
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 ounces salmon fillets (skinless)
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients except the salmon. Stir to make a paste.
- Rub the paste to evenly cover the salmon fillets. Place on a plate, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 5 minutes up to 2 hours.
- Preheat a 10" nonstick pan over medium high heat. Spray with oil and add salmon. Cook 2 minutes per side, then lower heat to medium. Continue cooking until inside is no longer translucent, about 3 minutes per side. Enjoy!
The best salmon recipe on Zaar. I make it over and over again. Sometimes I double the marinade since that is the best part and add a bit of water at the end to have some gravy.
Awesome recipe!!! I was looking for a pan-seared recipe for salmon and this is wonderful! I did add about 1/2 tsp of tumeric to the marinade, but other than that, it was as listed. I seared it in my stainless steel pan with just a spray of canola oil. I had no problem with sticking. Served this with some jasmine rice and beets (at my dd's request). Pam
This was a great flavor combination with the fish. A bit spicy, but not enough to blow your head off, and very easy to mix up. I left the skin on, put the marinade on the flesh side, and let it sit for about 1/2 hour. Then I grilled it skin side down. A wonderful meal, made for ZWT9