Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a quick and simple dish that my husband loves.
- 4 (6 ounce) salmon steaks (any variation, skin removed)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (or more if desired)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Rub the salmon steaks on all sides with olive oil.
- Combine all herbs and seasonings in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle mixture over salmon on all sides.
- Place salmon in a screaming hot frying pan and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until both sides are lightly browned and crisp. Keep pan covered. Do not overcook, as fish will turn out dry.
Yum! I made this recipe just for me (family was eating Moroccan Lamb Fillet (Backstrap) and I don't eat red meat) and it was really yummy. The only thing I did differently was I cooked it for about seven minutes on the skin side and a few seconds on the other side. Just to get a crispy skin. It had the perfect amount of flavour. Thank you MarthaStewartWanabe for posting your recipe.