Recipe by Mamie37
This recipe is for one, but can easily be increased. From Wegmans, the big grocery poobah in these parts.
Top Review by mermaidmagic
Excellent flavor! Added salt and pepper to season and more thyme than called for, but thought this was a super recipe. It cooks nicely in a cast iron skillet. Thanks for sharing :)
- 1 haddock fillet, 6 ounces
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon chopped shallot
- 1 teaspoon chopped thyme
- 2 tablespoons pan searing flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat haddock evenly on all sides with flour.
- Pat off excess.
- Heat skillet on Medium-High.
- Pour approximately 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil to lightly coat skillet.
- Wait until oil faintly smokes before adding haddock.
- Place haddock carefully in hot oil.
- When sides have changed color about 1/3 to 1/2 of way up--1 to 2 minutes--turn carefully.
- Lower heat and cook until internal temperature of 130 is reached.
- Add butter, shallots and thyme to pan.
- Melt and blend, but do not burn the butter.
- Baste the fillet and continue cooking until temperature is 140.