Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
These amazing flavors will make your taste buds dance. A well balanced lunch.
- 8 ounces flat iron steaks
- 2 ounces red peppers, julienne
- 2 ounces green onions, julienne
- 1 ounce boston bib lettuce leaf
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon Kikkoman soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- create the drizzle by combining all ingredients, except steak, peppers, scallions and lettuce.
- place ingredients into a food processor and pulse for about 30-45 seconds to create a thin "drizzle".
- rub 1/3 of mixture on steak and allow to sit for approximately 20-30 minutes.
- heat heavy duty saute pan or cast iron pan just to smoking point. Add 1T olive oil for searing.
- Sear marinated steak for 3-4 minutes on each side. Do not over cook this cut of meat. Best served MR to Rare.
- Remove from pan and allow to rest on cutting board.
- Slice thin and serve in a lettuce leaf with peppers, scallion and drizzle.
- roll lettuce and enjoy.
I can only comment on the mariande as we did not actually make the wraps. The mariande was very good. The only change I made was instead of jalepeno we used poblano pepper, as my little one does not like spice yet. The addition of mint is superb.