1/1 Photo of Pan-Seared Crusted Salmon With Cherry Tomato–ginger Sauce
In this recipe, fresh ginger flavors the sauce, and ground ginger and other warm spices are rubbed on the fish to make a flavorful, crisp crust. Be sure to buy whole coriander seeds and grind them in a food processor or spice grinder; pre-ground coriander will be too fine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup coriander seed, ground medium-fine
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 4 (6 ounce) center-cut salmon fillets, skin removed
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup chicken broth (homemade or low-salt canned)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1In a small bowl, combine the coriander, ground ginger, and cayenne and mix with 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon of the oil to make a paste.
- 2Pat the paste on both sides of the salmon fillets and season with salt and pepper.
- 3Heat a 12-inch heavy-based skillet over medium-high heat.
- 4Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and swirl to coat.
- 5When the oil is hot but not smoking, add the fillets and cook until the bottom is well browned and the bottom half of the fish becomes opaque, 3 to 4 minutes.
- 6Turn the fish and cook until browned on the second side and just cooked through, another 3 to 4 minutes.
- 7Transfer to a warm platter.
- 8Pour off all but a film of fat from the pan.
- 9Add the garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 15 seconds.
- 10Add the tomatoes, sprinkle with salt, and sauté until slightly softened, about 2 minutes.
- 11Remove from the heat, toss in the ginger, and pour the tomatoes over the fish.
- 12Put the pan over high heat.
- 13Add the wine and boil until reduced by half.
- 14Add the broth; boil until reduced by half again.
- 15Off the heat, swirl in the butter.
- 16Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 17Pour the sauce over the salmon and tomatoes, sprinkle with the cilantro, and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pan-Seared Crusted Salmon With Cherry Tomato–ginger Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (310 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 376.9
- Calories from Fat 187
- Total Fat 20.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 102.7 mg
- Sodium 168.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 35.3 g