1/3 Photos of Pan-seared Cod With Basil Sauce
Vino Girl's Note:
This has a fresh pesto-like feel without the nuts, and a lot less fat. Any flaky white fish can be used here - I usually have tilapia or whitefish around rather than cod. I had an open bottle of Reisling and so I used that in place of the broth. From Cooking Light.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, finely minced
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2-1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 (6 ounce) cod fish fillets or 4 (6 ounce) other similar fish
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- cooking spray
- 1Combine basil, broth, cheese, oil, 1/2 tsp salt, and garlic in a small bowl.
- 2Sprinkle fish with 1/2 tsp salt (I omit) and pepper.
- 3Coat a large nonstick pan with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat.
- 4Saute fish for 5 minutes on each side or until it flakes easily with a fork.
- 5Spoon basil sauce over fish to serve.
Browse Our Top Whitefish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pan-seared Cod With Basil Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (198 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 196.7
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 75.9 mg
- Sodium 426.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 31.9 g